You know those moments where you open the fridge and stare for a few minutes in search of something, but find nothing so close it again, only to open it again five minutes later in hope of either some unexplained miracle appearance of the special something or noticing something that was previously unnoticed? This process repeats itself for a good half hour while you’re opening and closing all the cupboards whilst you’re not staring aimlessly at the fridge not even knowing what on earth that something actually is.
I’m with you.
Trust me, I know. I’ve been there. I go there a lot of the time and without anything on hand that’s going to fill the void I’m looking for that’s gluten and dairy free, I’ve had to come up with alternatives.
Just think about it. This process rolls on and on for a good half hour before you end up settling for a mere banana or a handful of nuts or something else that’s equally as boring.
Could you imagine if that time was spent making the most delicious treat in only one bowl, with only a couple of ingredients in only ten (okay, maybe fifteen) minutes?!?
Girl, guy, whoever you are, I’ve got your back.
You will need:
(Makes 6-8 Brownie “Muffins” in a regular sized muffin tin)
- 3 Bananas – mashed
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter (I use smooth and keep 2T separate to swirl on top, but crunchy works too for texture and the swirl isn’t essential)
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
- 2T Coconut Flour
- Pinch of Sea Salt
What you need to do:
- Mash the banana or blitz in a blender or processor until smooth.
- Add in the peanut butter and stir until smooth. Add the cacao and flour.
- You should have a wet mixture.
- Add a dash of coconut oil into a muffin tin and scoop mixture into each hole.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter on top of each one and swirl with a toothpick (can skip this part if you’d rather just add all the PB into the mixture).
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top of each.
- Bake for 8-10 mins at 175C.
- Remove from the oven and try not to eat them all at once.
Have I just solved all your fridge-staring problems? Possibly.
These also work with almond or cashew butter as well, but I’m a huge PB fan so that’s my nut butter of choice.
Whatever you pick, enjoy!